December 7th, 2009 by Innkeeper
10. Christkindlmarkt is just a short drive away. Stay in tranquil Easton, visit the Markt and other Bethlehem attractions during the day.
9. Bach Chior of Bethlehem - our own Cass Kwan sings with this internationally recognized group. Attending one of their concerts is the icing on your holiday cake.
8. Polar Express train excursions in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. What could be more fun, regardless or your age!!
7. Special holiday events at The Crayola Factory. Bring the little ones or just shop for them in the unique Crayola Store.
6. Special holiday shows at the State Theatre and FREE holiday concerts at Noble Art Pianos and the Williams Center.
5. Shop for fantastic, unique gifts in downtown Easton. Laura’s favorite spots are Just Around the Corner, Connexions Gallery, Baby Gift Clouds, Barn Star Home and Mercantile Home. There are many more!
4. Old-Fashioned Horse Drawn Carriage Rides on Friday evenings in Centre Square. Get your tickets at Partyology (call 610-330-9535) then snuggle up for ride around our historic town.
3. Santa’s elves have nothing on Natalie and Amy who’ve been baking up a storm at The Lafayette Inn. Stay with us and try some of our special breakfast treats and Christmas cookies.
2. Our Christmas decorations are gorgeous! At The Inn we have a beautiful, live Douglas Fur with all the trimmings in the parlor and Santa’s sleigh on the front porch. Take a walk around College Hill to see what other decorations you can spot. Downtown there’s the Peace Candle!
1. Baby it’s cold outside! The Lafayette Inn has a huge fireplace in the parlor and hot cocoa on demand. Book one of our fireplace suites and cuddle up with your honey. Check out our Winter Specials for extra holiday savings.
November 23rd, 2009 by Innkeeper
We are having the most incredible autumn weather this year! On a recent sunny, warm afternoon we drove up to the trail along the Lehigh Gorge near Jim Thorpe, PA. This flat, fabulously maintained trail is wide and comfortable on foot or bike. The views of the river and surrounding hills are wonderful. Lena was ready to tackle the full 32 miles but Paul and I gave up after just two or three. We will definitely go back for cross country skiing and summer trekking.